Beginner Knit Scarf
PDF Knitting Pattern & Video Tutorial
Want to learn how to knit a scarf? This PDF knitting pattern & video tutorial will show you how to make a knitted scarf, even if you are a brand-new beginner.
Project Level: Easy
Please note that this is a Large-Print, Ad-Free, Printable PDF version of a pattern that can be viewed for free, with ads, on my blog. For the free version, click here. Thanks for supporting YayForYarn!
PDF Pattern Includes:
- Fill-In-The-Blanks worksheet for designing your own custom knit scarf
- 5 pages of instructions
- 4-page Printer-Friendly Version without photos
You Will Need:
- 275 Yards of #5 Bulky Weight yarn OR At Least 200g of yarn in weight of your choice
- US Size 10.5 / 6.5 mm Knitting Needles or size needed to obtain gauge (For custom scarf, I recommend a needle size 1 size larger than your yarn label recommends, or 2 sizes larger than your yarn label recommends if you are a tight knitter)
- Measuring Tape
- Yarn Needle or Blunt Tapestry Needle
- Crochet Hook (optional, for adding fringe)
This PDF Knitting Pattern includes both a pattern (so you can make the brown scarf in the photos with #5 Bulky yarn) and a formula. The formula will help you make your own custom garter stitch scarf in any size, and yarn, and any style you like.
If you can cast on, work the knit stitch, and bind off, you can knit these scarves!
9” wide by 50” long, not including fringe / 61” long, including fringe
OR make your own custom size
How Do I Access the Pattern?
As soon as your purchase is complete, you'll be able to access and download the PDF file for this pattern, and view the full video tutorial, ad-free, inside your Yay For Yarn Library.